Get instant access to the
hundreds of skin-care
recipes, advice and news:
All weights and measures used on this site are metric.
To convert weights and measures click here
NB: You must enable pop ups in your browser settings
Seaweed Body Wraps
NB: For general information about the use of seaweed please click
Seaweed body wraps cleanse and detoxify the body making it an excellent
herbal skin care treatment. The skin absorbs the minerals that are essential
for restoring its tone and vitality. These minerals in the seaweed body
wrap help to disperse local fatty deposits ensuring soft, fresh and healthy
looking skin. General seaweed body wrap applications would be for cellulite,
connective tissue debility with water retention, slackened dermal tissue
after pregnancy and after intensive slimming treatment.
Seaweed body wraps - Instructions for professional therapists
Preparing the treatment couch:
- Drape the heater blanket on the treatment bench/couch by bed, with
one half of the blanket on the couch and one half hanging over the side.
- Place the cellophane folio wrap on top of the heater blanket, making
sure that it hangs down equally on both sides of the couch.
- Preheat blanket ten minutes before treatment begins.
"I have just put in my third order having been delighted
with your products, literature and service! Your newsletters and
web site are also wonderfully interesting and informative."
Order Seaweed Body Wrap
Seaweed Body Wrap Application
- For approximately 250g mix the seaweed body wrap powder with approximately
200ml hot water. The substance should be smooth and creamy for easy application.
- The client should either take off all of their clothes or you can provide
them with disposable underwear. While the client is standing up, apply
the paste to the entire body by brush or by hand, starting with the top
of the heel, and finishing with the shoulders.
- Help the client onto the treatment couch and apply the seaweed body
wrap paste to the entire front of the body, starting at the soles of the
feet and finishing just below the neck.
- Wrap the body in the cellophane folio and the heated blanket and allow
the client to rest for 30 minutes. The client may experience sweating
during this period.
- Allow the client to wash off the paste under a shower.
- A period of relaxation of approximately 20 minutes is recommended to
support the metabolism-accelerating effect.
- You can finish the seaweed body wrap treatment by giving your client
a light massage using a massage
Advise the client to drink plenty of water immediately after and for
the next 24 hours.
- For a successful body purge 5-10 treatments are recommended, minimum
twice a week.
Seaweed body wrap - Instructions for use at home
What you will need
- Hot water
- Seaweed body wrap
- Bin liners or large plastic sheet
- Towels and/or blankets
- Enough hot water bottles to cover area you’ve applied paste
- Massage oil / moisturiser
Preparing the space…
- Choose a place in your house where you will be undisturbed for about
- Prepare a space where you can lie down comfortably. You may put a camping
mattress on the floor, or use your bed but make sure you put down a plastic
sheet or several bin liners to lie on. This is to avoid making a mess
if you spill some Seaweed paste while applying it, removing the cling
film, or if it leaks out.
- Warm the room for about 15 minutes before you start.
- Heat the towels that you will be using to cover yourself.
- Prepare your hot water bottles in advance.
- Tear off pieces of cling film and place them near where you’ll
- Have enough water nearby to sip later.
Order Seaweed Body Wrap
Preparing yourself and applying the seaweed body wrap…
- For best results, have a hot bath first, preferably with 5 added
tablespoons to half a cup of Bath Salts, Bicarbonate Soda or Dead Sea
Salts. Soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep yourself warm (wrap up in dressing gown and put on socks) while
you mix the seaweed body wrap into the hot water (use 250g of the seaweed
body wrap powder to approximately 200ml hot water as a guide).
- Check the heating to make sure that your room will be kept warm for
a further full hour.
- Lie or sit down on your prepared “bed” in your pre-heated
- Apply the seaweed body wrap paste to the areas of your body you would
like to treat.
Tip: If you’re going to apply the paste on your back and
front, or large areas of the body, you will need a friend to help you.
- Cover the massage oil
paste that you’ve applied to your body with cling film.
- Cover those areas with a pre-warmed towel and then place enough hot
water bottles on top of the towel to cover the areas where you’ve
applied the Seaweed paste.
- Let the paste do its work by lying as still as you can for about an
hour. You may sip some water while you’re lying down. You may experience sweating during this period – that’s
- Wash off the paste under a shower.
- A period of relaxation of approximately 20 minutes is recommended
to support the metabolism-accelerating effect.
- Finish seaweed body wrap treatment by moisturising your skin with massage oil or a rich
Order Seaweed Body Wrap Order Dead Sea Salt (Fine)