Get instant access to the
hundreds of skin-care
recipes, advice and news:
All weights and measures used on this site are metric.
To convert weights and measures click here
NB: You must enable pop ups in your browser settings
Start a new hobby making Natural Skin, Hair and Beauty Care products for you, your family and friends
Homecrafting – making products for your family and friends
You may wish to be a ‘homecrafter’ or hobbyist who loves to make natural skin, hair and beauty care products for yourself, your family and friends. For a lot of Aromantic hobbyists, it’s very important to them that they are in control of what they and their families put on their skin and hair. You, or one of your family members may have a skin type or condition that you feel you need to take control of by making your own skin care products. Having run courses teaching people to make their own cosmetics and beauty products for over 10 years, we know you’ll just love making these products.
Where do I start?
If you would like to make natural products as a hobby for friends and family only, here are some recommendations and pointers:
Firstly, find a recipe for a product you want to make! To make it easy, Aromantic offer a lot of free recipes. You can find free articles, tips and recipes on this site in our Natural Skin Care Library. Or have a look in our newsletter archive from which, after registering, you can download current, as well as back copies. If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, another way to find free recipes on our site is to browse our product selection and click on more info for that product – you may find a recipe there. We also sell step-by-step recipe recipe brochures & books, mini instant downloadable eBooks as well as starter packs (which have the pre-measured ingredients and step-by-step recipes together in one handy pack). So, the starter packs make it very easy to start up!
- Some people learn best by watching and then doing. If you’re one of them, we recommend that you attend Aromantic’s courses in order to get a good basic grounding in how to make your own products the Aromantic way.
- Once you’ve attended a course, or bought a book or recipe brochure or even seen a recipe on the website that you’d like to make, then you can order the ingredients you need to make the products. If you’re a first-time customer, click here for information on how to place your first order. If you’re having trouble placing your order online, click here.
- Remember, we are here to continue supporting you with our newsletters, new products and knowledge. We are not simply a supplier of raw materials as we equally value the importance of empowering our customers with knowledge. If you ever feel stuck, you can contact us for help.
Do I need any special equipment to make Aromantic’s products?
It’s amazing how many times we are asked what kind of equipment is required to produce products using Aromantic’s recipes. The answer is that you don’t need any special equipment at all as Aromantic’s recipes are designed for standard kitchen equipment that you are already likely to have at home. We will say though that if you’re starting a business, then we would recommend you use equipment especially dedicated to making your products. Aromantic does sell equipment that makes it easier for you to make accurate recipes and larger quantities. Click here for the equipment we stock. Click here for a free PDF document of the basic equipment you may need.
Home crafters – moving on to selling to the public
If you only want to make products for your family and friends, then it is much simpler as you don’t need to have your products laboratory-tested nor do you need insurance. But, after getting all that fabulous feedback from family, friends or your clients, you may decide to take the next step by creating a business and selling to the public.
- There are many options for selling to the public. You can sell at markets, arts fairs and festivals, host home parties, sell from home, build your own web shop, ask existing shops to stock your products or open your own shop. Additionally, you can easily get product and public liability insurance if you’re if you’re a home crafter. See the Getting Started Resources section or the Starting a Business page for more information.
- If you need paid support for formulating your own products and recipes, please see Mike Harmon’s details on our consultancy page.
- Through Aromantic’ consultancy service we offer specialist business support for people working within the health & beauty sector. If you are interested in one-to-one support with achieving your business goals please see Simon Bowen’s details on our consultancy page.